Audio for Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Realities
The ICSA 2019 focuses on a multidisciplinary bringing together of developers, scientists, users, and content creators of and for spatial audio systems and services. A special focus is on audio for so-called virtual, augmented, and mixed realities.
The fields of ICSA 2019 are:
- Development and scientific investigation of technical systems and services for spatial audio recording, processing and reproduction
- Creation of content for reproduction via spatial audio systems and services
- Use and application of spatial audio systems and content presentation services
- Media impact of content and spatial audio systems and services from the point of view of media science.
The ICSA 2019 is organized by VDT and TU Ilmenau with support of Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT.
|Start Call for Contribution
||1st of February 2019
|Deadline Reviewed Paper Submission
||9th of June 2019
|Deadline Reviewed Paper Notification
||27th of July 2019
|Deadline Paper Submission (no review)
||2nd of August 2019
|Deadline Workshop and Demo Submission
||2nd of August 2019
||26th to 28th of September 2019
The two and a half day conference program starts at September 26th and stops at September 28th in the afternoon. The conference includes oral and poster presentations as well as workshops and audio demonstrations. A company exhibition completes the conference.
A detailed overview about the time plan follows in the near future.
Call for Contributions
Contributions to all audio-related topics are welcome. You can present your work and research as oral presentations, poster presentations, workshops, and demonstrations. The contribution also includes a reviewed or non-reviewed written paper if you are interested in. The review is done with support of the Audio Engineering Society. The conference proceeding is published by VDT.
A list of relevant areas, but not limited to, is in the following:
- Binaural capture and rendering over headphones and loudspeakers
- BRIR and HRTF modeling and derivation from optical and/or acoustic measurements
- Multichannel audio
- Spatial sound field exploration
- Object-based and chanel-based audio
- Virtual and augmented environment modeling
- Spatial audio quality, compression, and streaming
- Spatial auditory perception and psychoacoustics
- Listening tests and evaluation
- Audio capture and synthesis
- Audio production for VR/AR/MR
- Content creation and sound design for VR/AR/MR
- Music composition for VR/AR/MR
- Impact of VR/AR/MR from a media science point of view
- Telepresence and live AR/VR/MR audio production
- Future applications in VR/AR/MR
- Audio standards for VR/AR/MR applications
The Technische Universität Ilmenau and the Institute of Media Technology is proud to be the host of VDT´s ICSA 2019. The conference is supported by Fraunhofer Institute of Media Technology, IDMT in Ilmenau, Germany. These partners present you excellent premises and audio technology for your presentations, workshops, and audio demonstrations.
Sponsoring and Advertisement
If you are interested in supporting ICSA 2019, you are welcome to be a sponsor or place your advertisement at the conference. If you do not want to be a sponsor but you want to be a supporter, a donation is maybe the way you are looking for.
In the near future we will present a detailed overview about all possibilities. So please check this webpage every now and then. If you can not wait please contact us
The ICSA 2019 is organized by Technische Universität Ilmenau and the Institute of Media Technology. The conference chair is Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karlheinz Brandenburg.
Please mail your questions to the ICSA organization comitee or contact the Institute of Media Technology.
Find a hotel
All program items and details are subject to change without prior notice.