The TU Ilmenau
The TU Ilmenau is a German public research university. It was founded in 1894 as a private educational institution named Thüringisches Technikum Ilmenau, later Engineering School. After communization in 1947, it was converted into a technical college for electrical engineering and mechanical engineering in 1950 and finally into a technical university in 1992. The TU Ilmenau has a total of 5 academic departments (faculties) and about 7,200 students. Text taken and translated from the German and English Wikipedia articles about TU Ilmenau
Watch our TU Ilmenau image movie.
Read the TU Ilmenau report of the rector.
The 5th ICSA is mainly organized by the Institute of Media Technology and the Electronic Media Technology Group.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT is a supporting partner of the 5th ICSA.